Because together we can
JOIN BUSINESSES WHO COMMIT TO CUTTING PLASTIC WASTE
Inspired to get businesses involved – it began in Essex
“I was impressed at a network meeting where one business owner talked about his personal commitment to cutting plastic waste. More importantly, about the actions he is taking.
“Others were equally moved and it was clear that if each of these small businesses committed to reducing plastic waste, we could start to make a difference.
“If we can get other businesses – large or small – to commit we can become a force for transformation, right through the supply chain.
“We are starting small and local, but the amazing thing about networks is that we’re all joined up. We CAN spread the word and show business really cares.”
Just make a commitment on behalf of your business – we don’t want any money, just your pledge. Do it now!
IT'S ALL ABOUT CHOICES
Plastic is great – in its place. Business could not function without it. But the big problem is plastic waste.
- Every day approximately 8 million pieces of plastic pollution find their way into our oceans*
- Approx 5,000 items of marine plastic pollution have been found per mile of beach in the UK*
- 100,000 marine mammals and turtles and 1 million sea birds are killed by marine plastic pollution annually*
In business we can make important choices, usually at no or little cost.
- Do we dispose too easily when we could re-use?
- Do our disposable items need to be plastic? Folders, packaging, drinking cups, disposable plates and cutlery?
- What about our suppliers – do we think about how they provide materials and supplies? In reusable packaging, paper, card or glass containers?
- Giveaways – can we choose reusable items, or those that are non-plastic? Those choices can say a lot about our business and values.
- All those little choices add up. There is a groundswell in business to embody values of social and corporate responsibility – that includes our responsibility to the planet and all life upon it.
*Source ‘Surfers Against Sewage’